The ADD'EM UP is an innovative budgeting tool specifically designed to assist people with
household budgeting and to build their financial literacy skills. It is a tactile tool that has
been created to improve numeracy and budgeting outcomes on the ground. The ADD'EM UP provides a practical solution to money management and is ideal for ESL clients.
People need to be able to take control of their spending and make informed decisions.
Most consumers reach the cash register in a supermarket not knowing the value of the
goods in their trolley. With the help of the ADD'EM UP customers can now arrive at the cash
register knowing the value of the goods selected and with the confidence they have
enough money to pay for their shopping.
To demonstrate how simple and effective this tool is please follow the example below.
A pre-defined budget is inputted into the calculator, in this case $20. The consumer then
proceeds to shop by adding items to the ADD'EM UP . Cereal is entered in the top line by
pressing the $1 tab three times. Once the plus tab is pressed the $3 moves into the actual
spent line and the budget line has now reduced to $17. Note the black bar has also reduced
to give a visual reminder that the budget is getting lower.
This calculator is unique in that it gives an audio warning when 10% of the budget is
remaining and also for the last $10. This serves to remind consumers they have limited
funds and need to prioritise their shopping.
Funding for service delivery models
Training workshops are available and can be customised to suit your requirements.
1. A one day workshop for clients on the ground delivers how to create a household budget, use the ADD'EM UP calculator, prioritise spending and understand consumer rights. In addition attendees will be provided with on-line training resources.
A resource kit has been developed that includes the calculator, a training manual with easy step by step instructions and a nutritional tick list which has been created to assist consumers in making informed choices for healthier food selection.
One day workshop of ADD'EM UP for up to 10 people* $8,900
The one day workshop includes the kit comprising of calculator, training manual, nutritional tick list, and access to on-line training for 12 months.
*travel expenses are additional
2. A one day "Train the Trainer" workshop delivers the training material on how to create a household budget, use the ADD'EM UP calculator, prioritise spending and explain consumer rights. In addition attendees will be provided with on-line training resources. Best practice service delivery models are covered as well as innovative evaluation techniques.
A resource kit has been developed that includes the calculator, a training manual with easy step by step instructions, a power point presentation and a nutritional tick list which has been created to assist consumers in making informed choices for healthier food selection.
Train the trainer one day workshop for up to 10 people* $8,900
Regional based workshops to accredit trainers to deliver ADD'EM UP training:
- Includes kit comprising of calculator, client training manual, train the trainer resources, power point presentation, nutritional tick lists, access to on-line training, and evaluation tools.
*travel expenses are additional
Additional ADD'EM UP client resource packages can be purchased per unit $114
(includes calculator & training manual)
Resource packages can be ordered by OT3 accredited trainers:
- Evaluation sheets must be completed and a copy returned to OT3 Tools for data compilation;
- OT3 Tools reserves the right to do spot checks on training delivery.
OT3 Tools owns all Intellectual Property around the ADD'EM UP and associated resources:
- No replication of any resources without expressed written consent from OT3 Tools is permitted.
Packages can be customised to suit your requirements. We would be happy to provide an online presentation to best demonstrate the tool's capabilities.
For additional information on how this tool can support your money management courses, or to simply place an order for our training and resource packages, please contact:
Mob: 0427 877 786
Fax: 08 8911 0609
PO Box 754
Nightcliff NT 0814
Download 'For Institutions' (PDF)